Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dig if you will the picture.....

On Saturday Nathaniel had his graduation party, then he graduated on Sunday. This got me thinking about when I was still a little tyke (ok not that little), and I was thinking back to what a BIG dork I was, well I still am, but I was dorkier then, hard to believe I know. So the particular memory I wish to visit is all the way back in 5th grade. Picture an extremely dorky girl, frizzy hair, awkwardly skinny, huge front teeth, and just super dorky clothes (not too hard to imagine, because I still can't dress myself). Ok so there was a group of girls that, well, lets just say, they loved to hate me, and tease me, make fun of me, everything you could think of they did it (and they didn't ever stop, all the way through high school, so much fun). Like every other 5th grader I was trying to find my niche, where I fit in, etc etc. Like any good mother would, mine tried to help me look cute, by buying me cute clothes, awesome shoes, and occasionally helping me do my hair. Despite these efforts this group of girls would always make fun of me. No matter what I wore, they would tease me, it could have been the exact same outfit they wore a week before, it didn't matter, they made fun of me. So I tried everything, I remember going to Limited Too (It was super cool at the time) and picking out super cute clothes and being excited to wear them to school, but still they made fun. This one day I wore an old navy flag T-shirt (I know you remember those), a pair of plain jeans and some tennis shoes, and to my surprise nothing was said to me, no rude comments, no making fun. I was so ecstatic, that I went home and asked my mom to wash the outfit. The next morning I put the clothes back on, yes the same clothes, and went to school.... again they said nothing! NOTHING! I was overjoyed! So once again I went home washed my clothes and the next morning I put them on and went to school, nothing. Now I'm not sure that you can understand my joy at this point in my life. They were no longer being mean to me! So for the rest of that school year, I wore the SAME OUTFIT EVERYDAY! I now wonder why my mom never said anything to me about washing the clothes each night, or about me wearing them every morning out the door. I don't remember if I ever told her why I was doing it, but she still helped me wash them each night. Thinking back now I think that we just may have burned that outfit on my last day of 5th grade......
Honestly, I'd make fun of me too. This is one of my favorite memories, I laugh so hard when I think about that year in school. So great (obviously this is not the outfit described above, just a picture to give you an idea of how..... great I was).
In other news, I'm so so so excited to go to Utah in two weeks to see my little Jessica! Then to go to Florida where she will join in our festivities!!!!! YES!

3 comments:

Kimberly Cannon said...

Um, excuse me. I do not think your outfit is up to church standard. I'm very disappointed.

School-Home Connection said...

Chelsea - are you sure you washed that outfit every night? Haha:) I'm so excited to see you, too!!!!!

chelseanne said...

Bad news dawg, the ticket was WAY more than I thought, she's going to check again for me when it gets closer, but I might not be coming out =(