Friday, September 5, 2008

Millions.... no ZILLIONS!!

So I've been here almost two full weeks! Woo Woo! This city is amazing, right now I'm still in the "oh my gosh" stage, still never really sure what I'm doing or where I'm going, but loving every minute of trying to figure it out. Surprisingly my hour and 45 minute commute(one way mind you) is noot too bad.... I see a LOT of interesting people that's for sure. The subway is getting better, my first experience almost made me cry, I got on with my dad , we were going to my apartment for the first time, and things were just fine, then a guy got on the train, he was homeless, and here's what happened ..... Homeless man: Attention!! Attention everyone!! Can I please have your attention. I..... am HIV Positive. ..... at that moment I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, anyone that knows me knows how paranoid I am about getting some sickness or disease, anyways so my eyes were watering, and I felt like someone punched me in my stomach, I looked over at my dad, who earlier that day said: "Chelseanne you still have two days. If you want to come back home just tell me, I will come back out here and you can come back and go back to Utah", at that moment I came so close to saying: "Dad, I want to go home!" But instead I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as the man walked by us, chills all over my body, I just cringed a little bit thinking about it again. Anyways after that I got used to the crazies. The subway has become normal, and it doesn't bother me anymore. I still look for the seat that is next to no one, but sometimes you just can't find that seat, so I stand. This is a great city, sometimes I forget what I'm doing because there are soooo many people that I just stop and watch, then I remember my dad telling me "you have to be more aware of what you're doing" sometimes though I just can't help it, its awesome, in the large sense. I love walking down the street and just looking at all the buildings around me, I love that there is always noise, its never quiet, there is always something going on, I love walking everywhere. Its an incredible place. I'm excited to just dive right in and meet more people, I'm ready to hit the clubs and bars and meet some real upstanding gentlemen..... no just kidding, I can't even get in to bars or clubs, still a baby..... well more to come!

No comments: